The ICARUS consortium is proud to join the Pan-European UAM projects and initiatives community.
The newly launched community aims to establish a Pan-European collaborative platform to facilitate knowledge sharing across UAM projects and initiatives in Europe
Integrating the EU Funded Projects in Urban Air Mobility (UAM)
The primary purpose of the EU UAM Projects & Initiatives Community is to support the European Commission by bringing together local, national, and EU-funded projects, along with initiatives and regulatory bodies focusing on Urban Air Mobility, to cross-share knowledge and lessons learnt. Additionally, the community seeks to involve local authorities from cities and regions, organisations from the public and private sector, knowledge institutions and research and development entities from all over Europe.
By leading an ecosystem of cross-sectoral stakeholders, the EU UAM Projects & Initiatives Community aims to foster the advancement of European urban aviation, mobility and digital infrastructure in support of the EU’s Green Deal and Digital Agenda.
These are two outstanding examples of policies and objectives that illustrate the benefits and impact of Urban Air Mobility – creating a sustainable and responsible, digital Europe with, at its core, European values and providing the best possible service to and for all citizens.
The EU UAM Projects & Initiatives Community aims to set the stage for Urban Air Mobility by establishing a collaborative
and exchange platform linked to the European Green Deal and Digital Agenda, in which each project is contributing
with its own focus and expertise. The community will focus on the following topics:
1. Awareness-raising and training of local authorities, institutions and medical facilities
2. Governance, regulations and liability
3. Digital infrastructure to manage large(r) numbers of Unmanned Aircraft
4. Digital toolbox for U-space services
5. Societal acceptance and co-creation of solutions through the engagement of stakeholders
6. Sustainable and environmentally friendly UAM development
7. New business models: products and services fit for the future
8. UAM foresight studies
For more information visit FF2020 website